The ingredients in Hip & Joint Oil are naturally produced by all dogs, but production decreases as dogs age — hence the need to add these important supplements back into your dog's daily routine.
Active ingredients include:
- Glucosamine (Shellfish): Encourages the repair of damaged cartilage (the spongy material that cushions joints)
- MSM: Anti-inflammatory & antioxidant; also known as methylsulfonylmethane
- Manganese: Promotes strong ligament development & maintenance.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Aids with lubrication of joints
- Chondroitin Sulfate (Bovine): Reduces inflammation & promotes joint function
Inactive Ingredients: Pure aloe vera juice, citric acid, potassium sorbate, purified water, sodium benzoate, stevia, vegetable glycerin
There are two main differences:
1. Hip & Joint Oil has a higher concentration of Glucosamine HCL, making it a stronger, more potent formula than Hip & Joint Chews,
2. Some dog parents find that administering a liquid supplement at or after mealtime is easier than feeding them a chew.
When do you recommend Hip & Joint Oil over Hip & Joint chews?
Hip & Joint Oil is ideal for active dogs or dogs that need more joint support because its formula is slightly stronger than that of our Hip & Joint Chews. The liquid supplement is also great for dogs who have trouble with pills and/or chews.
Does this have a flavor?
Our formula is not flavored, but it does contain Stevia, which is a safe and sweet way to entice pups.