More than 70% of domestic dogs display anxiety—if your dog is one of them, you’re not alone! Some dogs experience general anxiety, while some have specific triggers that make them nervous, fearful, or even aggressive. Anxiety is not fun for anyone, but these Calming chews are formulated specifically to take the edge off so your dog can get back to living their best life.
Our Calming chews harness the soothing properties of organic hemp flour, chamomile, valerian root, passionflower, L-tryptophan, and melatonin to help relieve anxiety and calm hyperactivity. They work best when given daily at the recommended dose, but you can also give a normal dose just before a scary situation to help your dog remain calm.
Best of all (at least when we asked the dogs), the peanut butter and bacon flavor of these chews means they’re also a tasty treat that dogs love!
Calming Supplements are best for dogs that:
- To calm anxiety caused by loud noises such as thunderstorms, fireworks, or neighborhood sounds
- To help a dog with separation anxiety adjust to being alone
- To keep your dog from reacting negatively to strange dogs or people in crowded situations
- At large gatherings where dogs may get overstimulated
- Before a vet visit, to ensure your dog is relaxed and cooperative
- When traveling, to keep your dog cool and collected in strange environments and during long car rides
- Help your nervous dog find their inner zen
- While training a reactive dog, to keep them focused on learning rather than their triggers
Our ingredients are organic & blended with only the highest-quality essential, calming nutrients. These supplements are delicious, potent, & safe for dogs of all breeds & sizes.
Key components for this chew include:
- Organic Hemp Flour Manages normal stress levels [does not contain CBD or THC]
- Chamomile An herb with natural calming properties. Also helps to soothe gastrointestinal issues
- Valerian root An herbal supplement with mild sedative qualities to help calm
- Passionflower An herbal supplement that reduces hyperactivity
- L-tryptophan Reduces stress and aggression in dogs in stressful situations
- Melatonin A natural hormone that reduces feelings of anxiety and relaxes the body
Remaining essential ingredients: Ginger Root, Thiamine, Chickpea Flour, Potato Flour, Tapioca Starch, Cane Molasses, Sunflower Lecithin, Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water, Safflower Oil, Natural Peanut Butter Flavor, Natural Flavors, Bacon Type Flavor, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E
The chews should be given in their recommended dosage 30-60 minutes prior to any anxiety-increasing event like car rides, vet visits, fireworks, having visitors over, etc. They can also be given daily to help with general hyperactivity and anxiety. In fact, these Calming Supplements work best when they are given on a regular basis.
Are these safe for my pregnant dog?
While there shouldn't be issues, please be sure to consult with your Veterinarian first.
Isn't ascorbic acid a synthetic ingredient? How can your supplements be natural when that's an ingredient?
I absolutely understand your concern and appreciate you bringing this up! Ascorbic acid is the purest form of vitamin C, and is a naturally occurring organic compound with antioxidant properties. Ascorbic acid is found in plants and food, including citrus fruits, tomatoes and green vegetables. We pull from multiple food sources when developing the Ascorbic acid in our Calming Supplements!
We know how important our customers’ pups are and we would never choose to include an unnatural ingredient. We are Natural Dog Company, after all! Thanks for looking out for your pup, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
What is meant by "bacon type flavoring"? Do these chews include pork?
No, this flavoring is not made from actual pork. It is a synthetic bacon flavoring without any animal parts included.
How long do the calming effects last with the Calming supplements?
The effectiveness window will vary widely depending on the size of your dog and their metabolism. At a minimum, you should notice calming effects for 3-5 hours with a maximum range of 8-12 hours.
Do your Calming supplements contain THC or CBD?
No, our Calming Supplements do not contain any CBD or THC.
What are the nutritional facts broken down for one Calming Supplement chew?
One Chew = 3g
Calories = 11 Kcal
Total Fat = 16%
Dietary Fiber = 7%
Protein = 7%
Moisture = 10%